Wednesday, April 6, 2011

E.L.F. Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder.... a review

I'm fairly new to ELF - not for any particular reason, it's just not something I've been too familiar with. About 2 months ago I placed an order (http://eyeslipsface.com) and the one product I knew I was looking for was the Contouring Blush & Bronzer duo, any bronzer that has a peachy blush next to it is worth trying, at least in my opinion.... and for $3.00 it's definitely worth a shot!

Now this product is a clear "knock-off" of the Nars powder duo, in Laguna and Orgasm... even the packaging of this product, and their whole studio line is STRONGLY "inspired" by Nars. I'm fine with it... the packaging feels weighty and substantial and it doesn't cost me $40 like the Nars one does!!!!

The colors might be compared to orgasm and laguna but they really aren't that similar.... Orgasm Blush is actually a much darker shade than the ELF one.... it's much more pigmented and it's a whole lot more shimmery! They are both pinky/peachy colors with a golden sheen - but the one by ELF is much more subdued (ps I love it!). The bronzer doesn't even look that similar to Laguna in the pan, and it definitely doesn't on the skin.... even though laguna is a great non-ommpa-loompa shade, I think it is just a teeeny bit more orange than the ELF... and the shimmer in the ELF bronzer shows up far less on the face than Laguna.

I am thrilled with this product and wear it almost everyday... don't get me wrong, there's a lot to be said for the Nars duo.... pigmentation, softness and blend-ability of the powder, staying power. BUT for 3 dollars the ELF duo is not just a cheap alternative - it's an excellent product, all on it's own!


^ Here's a closeup of the duo with overhead light... pretty


^ Here's a closeup in natural light.... much more subtle!


^ And here's the duo on my mug :) I have foundation on, a setting powder and TONS of both the bronzer & the blush (which is just me.... I did this for work, not just for the photo!)



No comments:

Post a Comment