Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Bargain Beauty: A Surprising Find

One of my favorite things to do is wander around my local dollar stores beauty department. Although I love the products found exclusively behind the pretty glass displays at the department store... nothing is quite as exhilarating as a good value :). The dollar store I frequent has a wonderful range of cosmetics... from loreal to ELF and everything in between. They carry discontinued items as well as overstock, and I can literally spend hours combing through.

One of my most recent purchases, which looked quite uninteresting was a double sided eyeliner (truthfully I bought it because it came with a jumbo sharpener!!!) It's LA Colors brand, which I've never tried.... but the pigmentation of this pencil rivals my favorite Tarte pencil. It's creamy... the color is rich.... and it stays put on the waterline.... this is a stand out product!




The Black Side:


The Brown Side:


Both Smudged Out:

I don't believe this exact product is still available, but if it's any representation of how LA Colors is as a brand... run don't walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment