Monday, June 20, 2011

Battle of the nudes...

So I… Just like everyone else LOVE a nude Lip - it's a sexy look, it can be a sophisticated look, and it is definitely a classic look. It's every bit as "effortless" looking as a bare lip, BUT BETTER! That being said, I do believe there is a nude for everyone, you just have to find it… here are a few favorites from my collection.


(From Left to right: 1.Maybelline - Toasted Almond, 2.NYC - Cafe, 3.Revlon - Just Enough Buff, 4.NYX - Circe, 5.MAC - Freckletone)



And then the real test.... how do they look on the lips?

1. Toasted Almond
Super sheer and wearable, but just a bit frosty


2. Cafe
A nice "coffee infused" nude color


3. Just Enough Buff
One of my absolute favorites! Similar to my beloved "peachstock" that MAC cruelly took away


4. Circe
This is exactly what people mean when they talk about "concealer" lips.... it's not exactly wearable, but it's super opaque and creamy, and with the right application and/or gloss it works!


5. Freckletone
HOLY GRAIL MATERIAL... If you like nude, but not nuuuuuuude nuuuuuuude this is for you! It's super peachy and glossy so it's very easy to wear. This is one of my favorite lipsticks to date.


Now I must give honorable mention to all the pink based nudes out there, but that's another post all together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment