Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Just The Basics: All the things I NEEED in my makeup bag

Here's the thing...  what I carry around in my makeup bag, may seem a bit excessive, but as someone who frequently sleeps away from home spur of the moment, all the stuff I lug around has proven to be very useful!


So lets get into what's in this bad boy


Estee Lauder Blush in Mocha Rose
This is a total double use product... first of all it has a huge mirror inside the compact, and second - this is such a blendable, neutral blush I can apply it with my fingers and it still looks lovely.


Too Faced Lashgasm Mascara
Considering the only other Too Faced Mascara I tried (lash injection) I absolutely HATED, this was a surprise! It is so black, so volumizing and it simply doesn't clump, even layered over last nights dry mascara ;)


Avon Cool Bliss Cream Shadow - Frothy Mocha
This is the most gorgeous, creamy brownish/taupe color... and you can just throw it on and you literally have a complete shadow look. It works on the lid and the crease.


Bare Minerals Big & Bright Eyeliner - Black
I've just used so many eyeliners in my day, and this is pretty much the best of the best. It is black as night and it stays put. Plus this is a mini so it doesn't take up so much room in my overstuffed bag.


Mac Eyeshadow - Digit
This picture does this shade no justice... this is the lightest and loveliest lilac I own (and I own several). There's zero shimmer but it just glows like crazy, as for a lid color... it lacks pigmentation, but I wear this in my inner corners almost daily. Regardless what colors I'm wearing, it's brightening and pretty.


Elf Studio Eyeshadow - Butter Cream
On the surface this is just a plain yellowish eyeshadow... but it's a lovely yellowish gold, perfect for the brow bones and especially on the cheekbones!


Jordana Lipgloss - Tangerine
Yes it is in fact an orange lipgloss, but lets discuss what's perfect about it: It was 50cents, it is an orange lipgloss with orange glitter in it, it isn't sticky at all, annnnd it smells like oranges. Even though the color is intimidating it works perfectly with the lipsticks I use on a regular basis.


Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick - Coral Shimmer
The name nails it on the head... this color is gorgeous and so damn moisturizing.


MAC Lipstick - Freckletone
I have pretty well admitted this is my favorite lipstick, so obviously it needs to be with me everywhere I go! If I want a peach this color works, if I want a nude it works too. Plus lustre finishes are just so creamy and smooth!


ELF Angled Eyeshadow Brush
This brush was only a dollar but it has certainly served me well. It is small enough for the inner corner... thin enough to highlight the brow bone... stiff enough to smudge eyeliner on the upper lash line and shadow under the lower lashes.... and soft enough for all over the lid, This is the perfect throw around brush!!!




So that's my story and I'm sticking to it... I stand by my claim that all these things are essentials (at least this week).







No comments:

Post a Comment